Full-time web designer (3 years+ experience)
CIVIC are looking for a good all rounder to bolster the design team. You’ll need a minimum of three years industry experience working in an agency, an in-depth knowledge of web technologies and be up-to-speed on what's hot and what's not in the world of web design.
We are looking for:
- a creative thinker and problem solver
- a self-starter, able to work alone and as part of a team
- highly motivated and passionate about all things digital
- a good communicator that is comfortable liaising with clients and suppliers
- a good understanding of branding and user-centred design
- an in-depth understanding of web usability and accessibility
- experience working on integrated campaigns
- experience developing website style guides
- the ability to work closely with UX professionals, java and php developers
- good experience working with HTML5 & CSS3 and the ability to deliver flat prototypes in html
- a desire to learn and develop
- a desire to help the team develop new business opportunities
You must be able to demonstrate that you are expert on the Mac or PC with Illustrator and Photoshop.
We’ll need to see that you can plan and implement a website from start to finish as well as develop aspects of existing sites. You’ll be involved in the planning, designing, testing and launch of sites for high profile campaigns and a wide range of private sector clients.
Although technical ability is a distinct advantage, we’re looking for somebody that can demonstrate creativity and excellent user centric design skills above all else.
You would be involved in the technical and graphical aspects of pages, producing not just the look of the website but determining how it works as well.
The recent growth in touchscreen phones and tablet devices has dictated a new way of designing websites, with the web designer needing to ensure that web pages are responsive no matter the type of device a viewer is using. Therefore the need to design and test websites at different stages of the design on a variety of different devices is an important aspect of the job.
Typical work activities include:
- meeting clients to identify their needs and liaising regularly with them
- drawing up detailed website specifications and wireframing
- designing sample page layouts including text size and colours
- presenting initial design ideas to clients
- coding using a variety of software
- working with different content management systems
- meeting relevant legal requirements such as accessibility standards, freedom of information and privacy
- designing the website's visual imagery and ensuring it is in line with company branding policy or the requirements of the client
- developing website style guides based on an agreed design approach
- proof reading content and grammar and making changes where necessary
- editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages
- working with other web specialists including web developers and graphic designers
- liaising with other agencies
- researching and advising on current design trends
- continual professional development to keep up to date with new software developments
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org